Register Your Wetsuit
Simply register your Osprey wetsuit using the form below to activate your warranty (please note fields market with a * are required):
Osprey Wetsuit Warranty
Your new Osprey wetsuit is covered under warranty from the original date of purchase for one year on materials, workmanship and return delivery to the customer. Please keep your original proof of purchase in a safe place - you will need it for any warranty claims.
Excluded from the warranty are: damage due to misuse, abuse or neglect, failure to carry out proper suit maintenance, consequential and/or incidental damages or damages to persons or property.
THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instructions provided with this product.
- Damage caused by putting your wetsuit in the washing machine or dryer, or use of bleach or solvents.
- Use in commercial operations, wetsuit rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Products classified as seconds, samples or used.
- Fit issues that occur after the wetsuit has been used. Fit issues should be resolved before the wetsuit hits the water.
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired by other repair services.
- Wetsuits without dated proof of purchase.
Osprey Wetsuit Care Guide
Some fading and scratching is inevitable, and unfortunately tears from a close call with a surfboard fin or rocks can occasionally happen. But if you follow these basic wetsuit care guidelines, you will find your wetsuit weathers the test of time and use with a lot more success.
- Be careful when putting it on - Most damage occurs when putting wetsuits on or taking them off, so be gentle! Avoid pulling your suit from the ends of sleeves or legs and mind your nails, especially when digging into the neoprene as you hoik your wetsuit on.
- Always rinse - Rinse your wetsuit after each use with clean water, and not too hot - salt and especially chlorine can degrade the rubber, so it’s vital to wash it off after every use.
- Avoid hot sun - Never dry or store your wetsuit in direct sunlight - your wetsuit suffers from sun stroke too, and strong UV rays are the quickest way to degrade your wetsuit. Dry in the shade and ideally store away from light.
- Dry your suit before storing - And dry it with care. It is best to dry your wetsuit by folding it at the waist through a coat hanger - hanging it from the neck with eventually stretch and weaken it. This is the best way to store your wetsuit too. Creases can weaken your wetsuit so try not to store it crammed into a ball, just fold it gently or ideally store it hanging from the waist.
- Never put your wetsuit in the washing machine or tumble dryer- this will void your warranty and upset your wetsuit. A lot.
- Avoid forcing zips - Zippers are designed to be pulled closed or open in a straight line so try to pull the zipper at the same angle to their intended path of travel (if needs be get a buddy to help).
- Protect your wetsuit from sharp or abrasive surfaces - Ideally get changed in a plastic bucket or changing mat.
Don’t pee in your wetsuit - Urine breaks down the bonds that hold the suit together which isn't good, and it’ll make your suit smell pretty rank as well. On occasion you just can’t help it, but certainly don’t make a habit of it.
Do not iron. Do not bleach. - We hope this one is fairly obvious but a hot iron and a soft rubbery wetsuit are never going to get along. Nor will corrosive bleach and cleaners. You can purchase special wetsuit cleaning products which are safe to use with neoprene if you want to give your suit a good wash.
Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents - These bad boys can dissolve the wetsuits rubber and make a mucky mess.
Handy tip - our final care point is just a handy tip. When getting into a soggy wet wetsuit, putting a plastic carrier bag over your foot will help your wetsuit legs glide on with ease.
REMEMBER THIS IS A WETSUIT DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU WARM. IT IS NOT A LIFE SAVING DEVICE.